Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Butter Flavored Coconut Oil Review


Yum! So, I sit down to write this review and begin uploading the photos to this post and my stomach starts growling quite loudly. Yup. This stuff is good. Real good.

Butter Flavored Coconut Oil made by Golden Barrel in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. They offer a variety of products like molasses, syrups, oils, sugars, mixes and more. I had the chance to receive a free jar from the company directly in order to try it out and write up a review. I was glad too. I had already been eyeballing their products via the interwebs since I had recently discovered their Instagram feed @goldenbarrelbp. I really want to try their Shoofly Pie Mix. It sounds perfectly delicious.



They asked if I would just give it a try in place of butter for some of my recipes. Why not, right? I thought about the possibilities, deciding that popping popcorn and baking cookies would be an obvious choice. So, I put those two ideas on the back burner for a bit. A couple nights after I received my jar in the mail was a gorgeous Spring night. Here in Minnesota, after a long cold winter, the second it's finally nice enough to grill...we do! Homemade burgers on our Weber charcoal grill is one of my all times faves! That is what I make first nearly every year.

When I have a big juicy burger I love sauteed mushrooms and onions with mine. I cook 'em up in a little butter, minced garlic, salt and cracked pepper. The perfect burger topping in my book. Why not give the coconut oil a try instead?


The butter flavored coconut oil melted perfectly as butter. Smelled pretty good to me, too (...and nothing like coconuts, which my husband was a little worried about...'cuz he and coconuts aren't really friends, you see.)


Anyway, they sauteed up nice and golden. Crisp and tender at the same time. Mmm!


 Piled up nice on my super duper burger. They were wonderfully delicious and lightly butter flavored.

The next night I decided to try it out again since it went so very well. I like to add a layer of vegetables into my pasta dishes sometimes. I love to hide veggies in my childrens' food. Some days more obviously than others. Ha!

Again, they vegetables cooked nicely and tasted very good. I also like the hint of color that the coconut oil gives to the food. The butter flavoring I'm sure.



Within the following week I had an opportunity to use the coconut oil in place of butter when popping kernels for family movie night and in chocolate chip cookie dough for Easter treats. The popcorn turned out perfectly. I didn't even use extra butter afterwards. just some salt and a little white cheddar powder. The cookies were soft and chewy. No one would have guessed I didn't use real butter. All in all a good product and something I would use again. Thank you Golden Barrel for the opportunity.

Where can you get your own Golden Barrel products?

www.GoldenBarrel.com
https://www.facebook.com/GoldenBarrel
https://twitter.com/GoldenBarrelBP
https://instagram.com/goldenbarrelbp/
https://www.pinterest.com/goldenbarrel/

Butter vs. Coconut Oil:

According to Google...

You can read the full article from EatingWell.com HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment