Perfectly Sticky White Rice Recipe
1 cup Jasmine Rice
2 cups water
1. In a medium sauce pan with lid, stir together the rice and water. (I prefer non-stick pans here)
2. Heat to boiling while uncovered and then stir again.
3. Cover and reduce heat to very low, barely a simmer.
4. Leave it alone. Less is more when cooking sticky rice. Do not stir it. I know it's hard but seriously, put that spoon down. And maybe don't lift the lid a million times like I used to.
5. Simmer for @ 20 - 25 minutes or so. Keep an eye on it until you do not see water bubbling up around the grains anymore.
6. When you no longer see water, remove from heat and leave covered until ready to use.
This will yield about 3 cups when fully cooked.
That is it. Pretty easy. I try not to stir it too much after it is done cooking in order to help retain the sticky. If you want it to look neat, try scooping the rice onto plates using an ice cream scooper. Gives it that cute rounded top.