Preheat oven to 350°
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 cup sugar
2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
1/4 cup cooking oil
handful of Craisins (up to 1 cup)
1/2 cup of nuts (optional)
1. In a bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cloves and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a separate mixing bowl or standing mixer, combine the sugar, zucchini and eggs until just mixed. Add in the oil and mix again.
3. Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
4. Gently fold in the Craisins (and the nuts, if you are using any).
5. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan @ 5"x9"x3" (or any pan of similar size ie: 8x8, 9x9)
6. Bake in the oven for approx. 55 - 65 minutes or until a toothpick or butter knife inserted comes out clean.
7. Cool for about 10 - 15 minutes and enjoy. (I like mine sliced and covered in butter or spread.)
** Alterations: If you are looking for a heartier bread, try using half white flour and half whole wheat flour.
** Note: I keep mine in the refridgerator, heat up slices in the microwave as needed and use it all up within a few days.