Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!



Good morning & Happy Mothers Day‬! Hope today is everything you wished for and more. I spent the last couple days cooking‬ and baking‬ a bunch of Mother's Day ‪‎treats‬ in order to raise some money for Food With Love. It was a success and I was able to sell enough boxes to fund one whole cooking session. Yay! Thank you‬ to my friends and family for being so supportive. Now, my brain is working hard to think of what else I could possibly dip in chocolate or whip up for Father's Day. Hmm. The possibilities...
Next weekend will be our first cooking session for our new 'adopted' family. I look forward to spending quality time in the kitchen with my good girlfriends.
I am still working on getting my new personal chef business up and running, trying to get all my ducks in a row and waiting patiently for that first real cooking gig. I have also had a couple really great cooking & learning opportunities recently. I was able to tag along with Dani of Catering by Dani and helped her out with a wedding & festival she catered one day. It was so great to watch her work and see how the whole process goes. I am also part of a Moms of Multiples group who is hosting the Ronald McDonald House dinner for Mother's Day this evening. I can not attend today so I had 4 incredible ladies from the group over last night and we prepped all of the food. 11 1/2 hours in the ‪‎kitchen‬. Whew! So, as of last night, I can officially say that I have cooked for 100 people. I am so happy about this. My feet...not so much. But my heart...oh yes. I hope the ‪‎dinner‬ goes smoothly this evening and I can't wait to hear from the amazing‬ MoMs going out to serve dinner tonight. You are all amazing!
And that's all I have for now. Thanks for stopping by and pretty please‬ with a cherry on top...Share‬ our story about ‪‎Food With Love‬. Every cent helps us ‪#‎cook‬ for a local ‪‎family‬ in need. Have a ‪‎wonderful‬ rest of your day!
If you would like any of the recipes from the box of treats I made, you can find my Mother's Day Pinterest board by clicking HERE. All of the recipes I found worked out wonderfully!
www.gofundme.com/foodwithlove


No comments:

Post a Comment