Monday, May 18, 2015

One Saucy Mama!

Hey ya'll! I received an awesome box in the mail this weekend and I am super excited to tell you what it's all about. A couple of weeks ago I put my name into the "hat" in order to be considered for a spot in Saucy Mama's "qualifying event" contest. What exactly does one have to qualify for? A golden ticket to the World Food Championships 2015 in Kissimmee, Florida this November! Say what?!

Image from: barhyte.com


You heard me. A spot to compete at the WFC 2015 and represent Saucy Mama products. I am beyond tickled that they chose me to participate in this pre-contest. I have no idea how many other food bloggers I am up against. I do know that I am going to give this my best shot. I also know that the odds of me making it to Florida are slim, seeing as I'm the new girl on the food block and all, but maybe that's the trick. They won't even see me coming!




Basically, Saucy Mama sent me six of their sauces (I got to choose which ones) and now I need to create a brand new recipe using at least one of the sauces I received. I actually spent the afternoon yesterday tasting them all and I must say...Yummy! Their flavors are all amazing and after only a couple licks, inspiration started flooding over me. Now, the trick is narrowing it all down and deciding on which of the six competition categories I want to dive into: burgers, sandwiches, bacon, seafood, pasta or fresh. If you've ever been out to a restaurant with me when I am indecisive on what the heck I want to eat...feel free to laugh with me at my current predicament. Lol!

The six sauces from Saucy Mama that I chose are Champagne Honey Mustard, Creamy Horseradish, Creamy Garlic Mustard, Parmesan & Garlic Marinade, White Balsamic & Honey Dressing/Marinade and Miso Orange Sesame Dressing/Marinade. A nice variety of flavors to work with. Decisions...decisions.

So, what am I going to make for my new recipe? Ha! Wouldn't you like to know? Just kidding. In all seriousness though, I am not quite sure yet. And if I did know...this is competition folks! I don't wanna give away the goods too soon. But, you can be sure that I will continue to share this journey with you along the way. Swing back here from time to time to get the whole scoop OR you can also find me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Come along for the ride!

Wish me luck and send me all your positive vibes, good jujus, prayers and whatever else you got 'cuz this Saucy Mama wants to compete in Florida! Thanks for stopping by! And thank YOU Saucy Mama for this exciting opportunity!


You can find Saucy Mama products HERE.

You can check out the World Food Championships 2015 website HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment